Good afternoon everybody,
it seems slightly odd to be sending this just as gliding re-starts, however the Comp Directors
and TGC Committee have thought long and hard about it and have decided to cancel this year's competition.
There are a number of reasons underpinning that decision, including our ability to maintain social distancing and appropriate hygiene in a competition environment with so many more people present than during normal club flying as well as concerns about currency and XC safety for some of the less experienced pilots and those whose gliders are out of ARC and are in a queue to get flying again. On top of all this is The Gliding Centre's need to rebuild core membership - with a strong desire to offer club members the maximum opportunity to fly after our lay-off. Hence our decision to cancel the 2020 competition.
We're sorry! You now have two options:
you can ask for your entry to be deferred until next year. We can't at this stage confirm the date of the 2021 competition, this will be settled later in the summer when the Nationals programme is finalised.
you can have a refund. We will give this year's entrants a chance to enter the 2021 competition ahead of opening entries to other pilots.
Please let us know, and meanwhile we wish you a healthy and safe return to what we hope will be lots of great flying in 2020. We hope to see you in 2021.
Liz Sparrow and Colin Davey, Competition Directors
and on behalf of The Gliding Centre's Committee
Good morning everyone, due to the COVID-19 situation and unertainty, we have postponed WWGC2021 until August 2022. Therefore the 'International' bit in the 2020 Challenge Cup - ie the chance for pre-worlds practice - will also be postponed until 2021, date to be confirmed. What does this mean for all pilots entered into the 2020 competition? Right now, we are not sure whether or not we will be in a position to run a competition in 2020. This will be based not only on whether we are allowed to fl...
Lire la suite…
As we now have 65 entries including international entries, we are spliting the competition into 2 classes. These will be called Magenta Class for all gliders with a handicap od 101 and above and the Cyan Class for all gliders below 101. At the moment that puts 34 gliders in the Magenta Class with 31 in Cyan. We will still be using the variable barrels for both classes Colin Davey Dep Director
Lire la suite…
We are delighted to announce that the HusBos Challenge Cup International 2020 will be from Saturday July 18th to Sunday July 26th at The Gliding Centre, Husbands Bosworth. Entry Fee £215 or £110 for Juniors (under 21). Aerotow price will be £38 (we reserve the right to change if fuel costs change) A £50 deposit is required to secure your place on the entry list. Remaining to be paid by 5 June 2020 Please click on the link below to register for this friendly competition Register here The Hus...
Lire la suite…